Thank you for taking an interest in Reasonable Force Training. I am committed to provide leading instruction, training and products to all of our clients.
Reasonable Force Training conducts extensive law enforcement, civilian, corporate, and community training programs in the areas of; personal self-defense, workplace safety, defensive tactics, subject control, use-of- force, personal safety devices (pepper spray, personal alarms, etc.), weapon retention, and many other critical skill areas.
Reasonable Force Training has grown out of a true dedication and commitment of enabling and helping others to keep safe. Reasonable Force instructors are a collection of some of the finest trainers, in not only Michigan, but in the country. You will not find a more professional or dedicated group of instructors!
Instructors are either acurrent or former
law enforcement officer, and/or an instructor
with extensive experience training law enforcement
officers in defensive tactics, subject control,
and self defense.
Gary Sikorski, Founder and President of Reasonable Force Training, is a retired law enforcement officer and active police trainer with over 25 years of experience. Gary is the primary Defensive Tactics Instructor and Use of Force Coordinator at the Wayne County Regional Police Training Center (Schoolcraft College Police Academy). Gary sat as a Use of Force and Defensive Tactics Subject Matter Expert for the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (M.C.O.L.E.S.) which developed the current Use of Force and Defensive Tactics/Subject Control program mandated at all 23 police academies in the state.
In addition to conducting law enforcement
and civilian training, Gary also works in
the private sector as a Director of Community-Wide
Security and trainer for a large non-profit
organization in Metropolitan Detroit. .
As a client of Reasonable Force Training, you will benefit from the most realistic, cutting-edge training and programs available.
STATE AND NATIONALLY CERTIFIED
• Reality Based Training Instructor
"Training at the Speed of Life" - 5 Day Instructor Program
• Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
• Police Grappling and Ground Defense Instructor
• Advanced Taser Master Instructor (M-26 & X-26)
• Chemical Munitions Instructor
• Firearms Instructor (Handgun, Shotgun, H&K MP-5)
• MTOA Dignitary Protection
• Deputy Chief of Police (Retired)
• Defensive Tactics Instructor
• Firearms Instructor
• Civilian Self Defense Instructor
• Citizens Police Academy Instructor
- Uniform Shift Commander
- Special Investigations Unit Commander
- Tactical Response Unit, Team Commander,
Counter Sniper, and Entry.
WAYNE COUNTY REGIONAL
POLICE TRAINING CENTER
(Police Academy – Schoolcraft College)
Primary “Use of Force” Instructor
• Defensive Tactics Coordinator
• Mechanics of Arrest
• Police Tactical Techniques
• Street Survival Instructor
• Part-time College Faculty, Adjunct Associate Professor
MICHIGAN COMMISSION ON LAW ENFORCEMENT STANDARDS
Gary is recognized as a Use of Force Subject Matter Expert in the areas of Defensive Tactics and Subject Control by the Michigan Commission of Law Enforcement Standards
(M.C.O.L.E.S.). Gary sat on a panel that developed the current defensive tactics
training objectives that are mandated in all 23 Police Academies
in the State of Michigan.
• Graduate of FBI
National Academy, Session #204
• Graduate of Northwestern University School of Police Staff