Fire/Rescue, EMT's, Ambulance and Medical Personnel
Personal Protection and Violent Patient Management Training
"Patient Attacks Paramedics In Ambulance", "Aggressive Patient Sends Paramedic to Hospital", "Emergency Room Doctor Assaulted by Angry Family Members", "Woman Jailed in Assault on Paramedics", "EMS Technician was Shot While on the Job"
- Link to Articles of Assaults on Medical Staff - Updated Daily
Headlines like these are occurring everyday across the country. OSHA and the Bureau of Labor Statistics report that Emergency Medical Personnel from firefighters and paramedics in the field, to doctors and nurses in hospitals, mental health facilities, offices, and clinics
face a significant risk of job-related violence. Assaults by a violent patient, an angry bystander or upset family member represent a
serious safety and health hazard within these industries. Security Personnel who work in these settings also face a significant risk of injury from assault or while attempting to control or restrain a violent patient or other subjects.
Emergency Medical Personnel & Security Officers who work in these environments need an effective and reasonable plan on how to: avoid an attack, safely and effectively control a violent patient, and defend themselves when assaulted. RFT offers a very unique training program that addresses these issues with extremely effective and safe methods, but also in a very humane way. While there are components of the program that address defending yourself from a violent assault, the majority of the program uses very effective non-violent methods of de-escalation and physical control. These methods take into consideration the many restrictions imposed on personnel in these work environments, from administrative and liability issues to public perception concerns.
Program Components: (Customized for your work environment)
- Awareness & Avoidance: Most people look but don't really see... Develop and maintain a high level of situational awareness, especially when you may be at your most vulnerable.
- De-escalation techniques, both verbal and physical, that can be used to calm a person or situation.
- Use of Force - best practices, policy, and legal issues.
- Documenting the use of force.
- Subject Control and Restraint that employ non-violent control measures. Very effective subject control techniques that DON'T rely on joint locks or pain compliance.
- Subject Control - additional options using more conventional joint lock and pressure point techniques are also available when requested.
- Universal Protection - This one simple, yet extremely effective, principle that will allow you to physically defend yourself against all levels of aggression and assault while on your feet, seated, or on the ground. Protect yourself and potentially end a violent sudden assault without ever throwing a punch!
- Alternative Force Options - such as foam or gel pepper spray which avoid cross contamination.
- Handcuffing and other restraint options.
Call or Email Reasonable Force Training for Individual or Group Rates.
As with all of our programs, we can host your training program at our Reality Based Training Center in Westland, Mi, or bring the training to you at your location or workplace.
All Reasonable Force Training Programs are Guaranteed by a No Questions Asked 100% Refund
if You Aren't Completely Satisfied!